POST: FINANCE MANAGER – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S): ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING
BANKING, ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
EMPLOYER; Kigoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (KUWASA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-06-17 2021-07-01
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i.To manage financial and accounting affairs of the Water Authority efficiently by following professional accounting principles and ethics,
ii.To prepare and submit to the Executive Board financial plans and budgets before the beginning of a new financial year,
iii.Providing financial information required by the Management and Executive Board,
iv.Keeping books of accounts relating to revenue grants and expenses accurately and timely according to accounting professional standard established by NBAA from time to time,
v.To recommend accounting policies and procedures for approval by the Executive Board and to ensure their strict implementation,
vi.Timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the Water Authority.
vii.Preparation of annual financial reports and accounts,
viii.Maintaining statutory returns and accounting books and ledgers according to the accounting professional standards,
ix.Ensuring that the books of accounts are audited by external auditors within the required legal period and presented to the Executive Board,
x.Answering of all internal and external audit queries accurately and on time.
xi.Instituting and implementing sound control systems and procedures of physical property, cash, cheques, purchase orders, receipt books and other Accountable documents,
xii.Timely payment of taxes, salaries, imprests, debtors and statutory contributions without incurring penalties,
xiii.To carry out any other financial and accounting duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or Finance from recognized institution with at least 7 years relevant work experience from reputable organizations 3 of which being in a senior position.
- Must be registered by NBAA as Professional Accountant and possess CPA (T).
- Must be computer literate and be able to manage Accounting/Tally System.
- Effective communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Must have strong leadership capabilities; and, capable of influencing excelled performance and results by his/her subordinates.
- Ability in negotiation and motivational skills.
REMUNERATION AS PER KUWASA SALARY SCHEME
The deadline for submitting the application is 01 July 2021.