National Service was established on 10th July 1963 emanating from the ideas of the Father of the Nation, the late President Julius K Nyerere who once said ” National Service is the demand made by the Nation on youth and youth response in fulfilling their duty in building the Nation”
The National Service was established by the National Service Act to bring together the youths of Tanzania for the following purpose:
- Work together in order to build the sense of nationalism.
- Develop cultural and sociological awareness.
- Provide skills, build economic independency, and reduce unemployment.
- Train and develop the youth for national service and assist the government during natural disasters and calamities.
- Build and develop the national economy.
- Provide military training for national defense.
The management of the National Service will release the names of form six leavers selected to join The national service training for the 2021 intake
JKT National Service selection list is simply the names of Form six students selected for JKT training into various JKT camps. Form six JKT selection lists are usually released by the National Service after the conduct of a random selection exercise.