Title: Program Manager
Program: EngenderHealth, Tanzania/ FCDO Program
Reports to: Project Director
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
EngenderHealth Tanzania is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates for the Program Manager position for the FCDO funded programme – Scaling Up Family Planning in Tanzania. This 5-year programme aims to scale up access to FP in rural and urban areas, enabling women to safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. The programme is integrating a comprehensive range of services including care for victims of sexual violence and post abortion care and seeks innovative ways to reach people with disabilities, refugees and young people with family planning (FP) services. This position is open to Tanzanian applicants only.
The Senior Project Manager will provide leadership to the Zonal and Regional program teams to ensure successiful program implementation of comprehensive, integrated approaches to strengthen and expand Family Planning, HIV, Comprehensive Post Abortion Care health service and Gender Based Violence intervention. They will provide administrative and program support in the implementation of the project, give guidance and technical expertise to oversee implementation, monitoring and assessment for performance improvement.
- Provides guidance and leadership for program activities necessary to achieve objectives, outputs and products to ensure quality, value for money, schedule and budget.
- Supervises the Zonal and Regional Team Leaders and their team
- Maintains effective communication with the field team and provides field teams updates timely to the Program management team
- Supports Program Director to liaise with relevant Ministries to support the Program implementation.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and high quality delivery of the Program: field operations, administration, logistics and procurement.
- Manages relationships with suppliers and other service providers and ensures value for money is obtained for all services and products procured under the Program.
- Ensures effective implementation of the planned activities
- Lead/ensures preparation of Program monthly, quarterly and annual reports and ensure all data reported meets donors’ and EngenderHealth established data quality standards
- Track Program deliverables as agreed with the donor monthly and submit the report to Program Director on a timely basis.
- links Program, operational and financial teams together to ensure harmonized monitoring of Program activities
- Ensures adherence to technical and programme standards and quality
- Postgraduate degree in health management; business studies; public health or social sciences. Degree in nursing is an added advantage
- Experience working for international organizations in reproductive, maternal and child health, including family planning.
- Must have at least 7-10 years of working experience in reproductive health and family planning area and 5 years of managing or leading large and complex Program
- Experience in managing donor contracts
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing Program systems, procedures and overseeing Program r start-up and close-out.
- Previous experience working in Tanzania with an in-depth understanding of the health system is a plus.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with British High Commission, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Experience in working with the Public Sector is an added advantage
- Proven capacity to direct, develop, manage and inspire a multidisciplinary and professional team in the field office.
- Demonstrated experience working collegially with other technical staff, experts and staff from the private, public and NGO sector.
- Intimate knowledge, understanding and experience of the Ministry of Health and PORALG structures and health systems in Tanzania.
- Demonstrated experience in working and collaborating with DFID and other donor funded organizations will be an added advantage.
- Ability to prioritize amongst competing demands and working with minimal supervision and organizing in a strict deadline environment.
- Be prepared to travel in support of project activities.
EngenderHealth offers competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary. We also offer excellent benefits for Tanzania based employees, including:
- 21 days vacation
- 3 personal days
- 16 paid holidays
- Sick leave up to 63 days (full wages) and second 63 days (half wages)
- First 63 days – Full wage
- Second 63 days – Half wage
- Maternity leave of up to three months; additional time for the birth of more than one child at the same time
- 20 days paternity leave
Additional leave includes paid time off for:
- Annual leave transport assistance up to one month’s salary
EngenderHealth also pays for:
Medical insurance to cover medical expenses for employee and family(spouse and 4 (four) children) up to $ 21,000 for In-patient and $1060 for Out-patient per annum
- Business accident travel and AD&D insurance
- Life insurance coverage up to three times the employee’s annual salary subject to Free Cover Limit of $250,000
- Retirement benefits up to employer contribution of 10% of the basic salary with employee contribution of 10% of base salary
- Employee Assistance Program
Please visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org to submit your details. Please include details of your salary requirements and salary history. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for the application is on 16th June, 2021.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable Tanzania laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United Republic of Tanzania in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth.
This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners, and the design and implementation of programs and activities.